Awana is an acronym for “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed” from 2 Timothy 2:15, “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”
- Sparks (K-2nd) and T&T (3rd-5th) will rotate weeks. T&T Start Date: Sept 22. Sparks Start Date: Sept 29.
- We will limit registration at the start to 50 kids for Sparks and 50 for T&T, and our goal is to maintain social distance throughout the evening.
- Parents will agree to pre-screen and self-certify that their child is symptom free.
- Use hand sanitizer on the way into the building.
- Clubbers will need a bag labeled with their name to store personal items, including coats, mittens, hats, etc.
- Face Coverings are required for clubbers & leaders.
- Drop off procedure: kids & families stay in car-rider line. A leader will come to your car and welcome children into the building one car at a time.
- Pick up procedure will be the “reverse” of drop off – a leader will be at the car line and dismiss children one car at a time.
- Kids go directly to designated area in main worship center and remain socially distant.
- Shorter club night to start – begin entering building at 6:45pm and club dismisses at 8 pm.
Since we have a limit of 50 children per club, please register only if you feel comfortable with in-person meeting and confident that you will send your child(ren). If we reach our 50 person capacity, we will start a waiting list and I will contact you with that information. If you'd like to order a book and work through it at home with your child instead of coming to club, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awana is an international program for children in Kindergarten-5th grade that helps them learn God’s word. Children work through a handbook and earn awards which they can display on their uniforms when they complete handbook sections. Each book incrementally introduces spiritual concepts, starting with salvation, and continues on answering concepts such as who God is, why God gave us the Bible, and how God wants us to live our lives. Scripture memory, Bible study, and small-group relationships are a focus of each club.
A typical club night includes small group time where
children work through their handbook; large group time with singing, Bible
teaching & awards; and game time.
If you have any questions about Awana or if you wish to register your child, please contact Holly Williams: Holly@hickorycreekchurch.org.
For general information about Awana, click here.